When Justin Bieber[1] told fans that he's naming his next album Journals, [2] some may have thought it's just another name for round four of sugary sweet songs like "Baby" and EDM-driven bangers like "Beauty and the Beat." But with every Music Monday[3] that passed by, it seemed Bieber was actually ripping a page out of his personal diary for much more intimate affair.


There's no doubt Journals has tracks that will make you want to dance, courtesy of collaborators like Diplo, Lil Wayne and Future, but nestled between images of "lipstick on my satin sheets" are those like the opening line of the fan-favorite "Recovery": "First I'll acknowledge all trust has been broken." Then there's the insistence on "All That Matters" that he's "faithful no matter the distance/ You're the only girl I see" and the recognition of "all the imperfections of who I am" on "Heartbreaker."[4] [5] [6]


So when MTV News exclusively caught up with Bieber at the Los Angeles premiere of his "Believe" documentary[7] on Wednesday night, we had to ask: Was it difficult for him to be that vulnerable?


"A little bit," Bieber admitted to MTV News' Christina Garibaldi. "But I realized my fans want to know truly what's in my heart in my heart, and I just wanted to share with them. And I wanted them to know, word for word, what I was feeling at that moment."


Journals, which drops December 23, two days before "Believe" hits theaters, includes all of his Music Monday releases and five extra tracks[8] featuring Big Sean, Lil Wayne and Future. Bieber also enlisted the help of Chance the Rapper for "Confident," a track all about "sexual romancing" that he shot the video for earlier this week[9] .


"It went incredible," Bieber said of the Collin Tilley-directed clip. "[Tilley] is super talented. There's another surprise in the video I can't really talk about it but it's exciting."


And that's not the only surprise he has in store. After sending a shoutout to his "incredible" fans for "staying my by side," he teased there's something even bigger coming in 2014.


"Look out for something special coming in the New Year," he said with a smile.



References



  1. ^ Justin Bieber (www.mtv.com)

  2. ^ next album Journals, (www.mtv.com)

  3. ^ Music Monday (www.mtv.com)

  4. ^ fan-favorite "Recovery" (www.mtv.com)

  5. ^ "All That Matters" (www.mtv.com)

  6. ^ "Heartbreaker." (www.mtv.com)

  7. ^ premiere of his "Believe" documentary (www.mtv.com)

  8. ^ five extra tracks (www.mtv.com)

  9. ^ shot the video for earlier this week (www.mtv.com)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top