Paris Hilton looked sexy for Halloween night last year.



Got your giant foam finger, gold lame skivvies and "Beetlejuice" striped suit ready? It's almost Halloween 2013, and pop culture, as usual, is contributing its share of hot costume ideas for the big night. You and your honey can go as Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke from the MTV VMA Awards, if you dare.


Also trending for this year, according to costume industry watchers, are Walter White of "Breaking Bad" and his minion Jesse. And for those who dig a hirsute look, there are the "Duck Dynasty" boys.


Or you might want to take a cue from what celebrities themselves say about their favorite costumes. Here are some of our favorites:


Lance Bass


"I got to be Bret Michaels -- with the long blond hair, the guyliner, the rock clothes -- holy jeans. But I looked more like Miss Piggy. I've never met Bret Michaels, but I think he'd be offended by the way I looked. "


Paris Hilton


"Nicole Richie and I always dressed like twins, and one year, in sixth grade, we were Tinkerbell, the fairy. That was my favorite."


Carrie Preston


"When I was in the fourth grade, I thought it would be a great idea to go as Van Gogh so I stretched this beret out so it would cover my left ear because you know he cut his ear off. I put a mustache on and my mother helped me make a painter's smock. I was definitely the only Van Gogh girl or really Van Gogh anybody in Macon, Ga. I should bring that costume back."


Jennifer Coolidge


"There was one year I dressed as a zit, and I don't think I'll ever do that again. Don't go as something hideous because it won't be a fun night. Definitely my best Halloween costume was when I went as a Russian spy. It was just a really good outfit. It was for a combined Halloween party with like George Clooney and the South Park guys. They threw one of the best Halloween parties I've ever been to in my life. There were a bunch of really attractive men in Halloween outfits. It doesn't get any better than that. I remember seeing George and thinking, 'Wow, this is a good Halloween.' I didn't go home with anyone unfortunately, but I was trying."


Michael C. Hall


"I had a really sweet Stormtrooper costume when I was like 8 or 9 years old. It was the kind where you get in the box, then you have the mask with the rubber band, and the rest is a plastic top and little plastic legs. I really loved that one, though I must admit I fantasized about having a real full-on Stormtrooper costume."


Jeff Foxworthy


"I remember having this mask -- you know, the kind that made your face sweat and was fastened on with rubber bands. This was a Casper the Friendly Ghost mask and I loved it. However, the eyeholes weren't big enough and I was running from one back yard to another when I hit a clothesline and was knocked to the ground. All the kids grabbed the candy and ran off. If that wasn't my favorite costume, it was the most memorable."


Mark-Paul Gosselaar


"I was probably proudest of my Freddy Krueger costume. I had the mask, the striped sweater. That was sort of my childhood -- watching 'Nightmare on Elm Street.' You had to be a young adult to watch it because it was rated R, so that made seeing it all the better."


Brenda Song


"One of my favorites was when Cole and Dylan (Sprouse) dressed up as Mario and Luigi, and Ashley (Tisdale) and I were Princess Peach and Daisy from 'Super Mario Bros.' We loved it. We entered a costume contest and came in second place."


Dean McDermott


"One year I went as Martin Short's Ed Grimley. I think I was about 21. The restaurant I was working at had a Halloween costume contest and I won. It was a pretty good Ed Grimley I have to say. It was probably one of the most fun Halloweens I've ever had."


Tom Arnold


"I was the oldest of seven so I didn't have the pass downs. We didn't have a lot of money so I had to create my own costumes. Obviously I wanted to be Superman so I used magic markers and a blanket to make it. I thought it was really cool, so I wore it every year. It became really tight and really uncomfortable because I got pretty big. I remember offering it to my brother and he said, "Are you out of your mind?" Turns out he was gay so he made really elaborate costumes for himself and my younger brothers. Nobody wanted my costume. I wore it until I was 14. We still trick or treated at 14 to get free candy. I was maybe even older. In Iowa, adults do it for drinks so I probably did it till I left Iowa."


© COPYRIGHT 2013 MARILYN BECK AND STACY JENEL SMITH


DISTRIBUTED BY CREATORS.COM


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top