New documentary shows personal side of the beleaguered pop star.



Pop star Britney Spears is set to begin a two year stint in Vegas, following in the footsteps of megastars like Celine Dion. In advance of her opening show, the singer premiered a documentary on E!, titled “I am Britney Jean.” In the special, fans get an inside look at not only her preparation for her Vegas kickoff, but her private life as well. The documentary paints a picture of troubled, sometimes even hesitant celebrity coming to terms with what it means to be famous in 2013.


“…But as time passed, they lightened up and they went away after I wouldn’t come out of the house for two years. It was a trying time. It was kind of confusing for me. Personally, I’m a shy person and I’m particularly not really made for this industry because I am so shy. It’s not something I deal with so well.”


Spears is referring to a time in 2007 and 2008 when she became particularly unhinged, resulting in, among other things, publicly shaving her head. Her erratic behavior led courts to grant her father a conservatorship, which has given him control over her career and finances for the past five years and will continue for at least the next two. According to Spears in the documentary, the constant harassment and haranguing by paparazzi and photographers is part of what led to her breakdown.


Fans also get a glimpse of Britney’s current boyfriend David Lucado, who Spears refers to as “a simple guy.” It would appear that their relationship isn’t lacking for intimacy, at least sometimes.


“I love sex. I think sex is great,” Spears said. “But I feel a little different about it now that I’m older. Sometimes I feel like I’m 20 and then sometimes I feel like I’m 50.”


For the Las Vegas show, fans can expect the set list to include hits both old and new, though Spears admits scheduling can be tough at times. “It’s kind of tough because the fans want a certain selection of songs to hear from me, like the old hits and stuff. I have to keep it fresh for me to do the show.”


She’s certainly not lacking for material. Spears’ career has spanned three decades, producing eight solo albums, six of which reached number one on the Billboard charts.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top