Miley Cyrus says she stayed with Liam Hemsworth so long out of "fear."


What ... fear that breaking up would send her on a crazed tongue-wagging twerking binge that would make her look completely ridiculous?


During her chat with Barbara Walters for "Barbara Walters Presents The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2013," Cyrus got a bit vulnerable and sensitive (or something), talking about her failed engagement with "The Hunger Games" star, according to Us Weekly. The 21-year-old "Wrecking Ball" singer said she and Hemsworth moved too fast, and she held on to him out of fear.


Miley Cyrus performs at Z100 s Jingle Ball 2013, at Madison Square Garden on Friday, Dec. 13, 2013 in New York.

Miley Cyrus performs at Z100 s Jingle Ball 2013, at Madison Square Garden on Friday, Dec. 13, 2013 in New York. (Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP)



"I was so scared of ever being alone, and I think, conquering that fear, this year, was actually bigger than any other transition that I had, this entire year," Cyrus said. "I don't ever want to have to need someone again, where you feel like, without them, you can't be yourself."


Right. She couldn't be the twerking, tongue-wagger.


She and Hemsworth met on the The Last Song set back in June 2009 and announced their engagement three years later.


Cyrus said she doesn't regret their engagement. "I don't think I realized what 19 truly is, and I got engaged at 19, and I definitely wouldn't change being engaged," Cyrus said.


"It was so fun wearing a fat rock for a few years," she said. "But now, I just feel like I can actually be happy. I wait for those moments of silence, when I'm just at my house, by myself."


Walters asked the question that keeps many of us awake at night: Does Miley Cyrus ever want to be married?


"I think I'll want that in the times that it needs to be," she said.


Contact Tony Hicks at Facebook.com/BayAreaNewsGroup.TonyHicks[1] or Twitter.com/insertfoot[2] .



References



  1. ^ Facebook.com/BayAreaNewsGroup.TonyHicks (Facebook.com)

  2. ^ Twitter.com/insertfoot (Twitter.com)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top