12/16/2013 at 02:45 PM EST




Miley Cyrus: 'I Can Actually Be Happy' Now That I'm Single

Miley Cyrus (left) and Barbara Walters


Heidi Gutman/ABC



Miley Cyrus[2] has learned a lot since ending her engagement[3] to Liam Hemsworth[4] .

"I don't think I realized what 19 truly is, and I got engaged[5] at 19, and I definitely wouldn't change being engaged. It was so fun wearing a fat rock for a few years," the singer, 21, tells Barbara Walters[6] in Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2013 [7] . "But now, I just feel like I can actually be happy."


Cyrus admits she used to feel anxious about being on her own, but now, her alone time is something she relishes.


"I wait for those moments of silence, when I'm just at my house, by myself," she says.


Although Cyrus's transformation[8] from her Disney days has been controversial[9] , the pop star says her newfound ability to be more independent is the biggest change she has gone through this year.


"I was so scared of ever being alone, and I think, conquering that fear, this year, was actually bigger than any other transition that I had, this entire year," she says. "I don't ever want to have to need someone again, where you feel like, without them, you can't be yourself."


But Cyrus stops short of saying she will never get married, "I think I'll want that in the time that it needs to be."




References



  1. ^ TV Watch (www.people.com)

  2. ^ Miley Cyrus (www.people.com)

  3. ^ ending her engagement (www.people.com)

  4. ^ Liam Hemsworth (www.people.com)

  5. ^ got engaged (www.people.com)

  6. ^ Barbara Walters (www.people.com)

  7. ^ Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2013 (abcnews.go.com)

  8. ^ Cyrus's transformation (www.people.com)

  9. ^ has been controversial (www.people.com)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top