12/17/2013 at 07:50 AM EST



The rumors are true: Kelly Rowland did get engaged recently – and it was quite the long-distance proposal!

Her boyfriend and manager Tim Witherspoon popped the question over Skype while she was in Bulgaria, the singer and X Factor judge reveals in an interview airing Wednesday on The Queen Latifah Show , reports E! News.[2] [3] [4]


"He put a ring on it," she says. "It's been a while," she adds of their relationship. "We've kept it very, very low – for years, to be completely honest."


The former Destiny's Child singer, 32, who's been sporting a sparkling engagement ring[5] since November, laughs when recalling the unusual timing of Witherspoon's proposal.


"He asked me first on Skype," she says, "and I was like, 'We're so far away from each other.' "


"But it was so late, I remember we were both just kinda like, honestly, just staring at each other. And he asked me, and it was just that simple to say yes. I was like, 'I got my best friend to ride through life with.' He really is my best friend."


Next up: wedding planning. Time to move on to Pinterest.


[1]


References



  1. ^ Kelly Rowland did get engaged (stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com)

  2. ^ X Factor (www.people.com)

  3. ^ The Queen Latifah Show (queenlatifah.com)

  4. ^ E! News. (www.eonline.com)

  5. ^ sparkling engagement ring (instagram.com)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top