12/18/2013 at 07:00 AM EST




AARP Celebrates Brad Pitt's 50th Birthday

Brad Pitt


Jamie McCarthy/Getty; John Shearer/Invision/AP



He might need a fire extinguisher to put out all 50 candles on his birthday cake, but Brad Pitt, who celebrates the milestone on Wednesday, has something else remember this birthday by – he's now eligible to join AARP.

The organization, originally founded for retired people, is honoring PEOPLE's twice-named Sexiest Man Alive[2] (1995 and 2000) with a special edition birthday cover of AARP The Magazine [3] .


"Acclaimed Actor, Producer, Humanitarian, and Family Man, Mr. Pitt Joins the Club" reads a line on the mock cover.


In an interview with PEOPLE last December[4] , the father of six[5] talked about turning the big 5-0 and being conscious of getting older.


"I want to make sure I'm doing things of value – that mean something to me," he said. "Make sure I'm doing things I've always wanted to try. And make sure I'm not doing things I don't want to do. Because I'm very conscious of time; I know it's limited."


One person he won't be asking for advice – his pal George Clooney[6] , who is 52.


"He's too old. We live different lives," Pitt laughed. "What can he tell me? Other than how to protect my liver!"


[1]


References



  1. ^ Brad Pitt (www.people.com)

  2. ^ Sexiest Man Alive (www.people.com)

  3. ^ AARP The Magazine (www.aarp.org)

  4. ^ last December (www.people.com)

  5. ^ father of six (celebritybabies.people.com)

  6. ^ George Clooney (www.people.com)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top