Jennifer Lawrence may look stunning as her The Hunger Games character Katniss Everdeen, but the actress has admitted that she wanted to "burn" her clothes after wearing them on set.



The Oscar-winning babe got to wear some beautiful gowns in the latest Hunger Games flick Catching Fire, but Jen has said that she soon got bored of Katniss' wardrobe.


She told BANG Showbiz: ''I enjoyed some of it ... a lot of the dresses are so lovely and fitted but you're wearing them for like 12 hours a day and after that you want to burn them.''


The 23-year-old previously said that she and her character both went from wearing everyday clothing to designer outfits after being thrust into the limelight.


She explained: ''It's funny how Katniss and I have followed the same path. When I was nominated at the Oscars for 'Silver Linings Playbook', I had to go to fancy red carpet events wearing couture gowns, and I didn't feel like myself.


''I felt like an alien, that's what Katniss feels like in the first 'Hunger Games' chapter, then in the second she gets used to this new life. She realises she has to communicate with this new crowd and wear certain clothes, start wearing make-up... That's kind of how I felt too.''



Jennifer Lawrence walks The Hunger Games: Catching Fire red carpet (WENN)


Meanwhile, despite J-Law being an idol to many fans across the globe, she still has her own fave celebs and the actress spoke to AccionCine about Meryl Streep, who she "respects a lot."


When quizzed on who she idolises, Jen said: "Meryl Streep, not just because of her acting but because she's Meryl Streep and I'd like to live my life the way she has lived hers. The way she went away with her kids, we never saw pictures of her babies. I respect that a lot."


Jen added that she reckons her and three-time Oscar winner Meryl are actually pretty different though: "And it's not like I'm that way", Jennifer muses, "because generally I want to do tons of things. I want to produce, I want to do this or that, and have a heart attack at 25 [laughs]. But she's only an actress and I like that.''


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top