Lady in red Ariana Grande[1] hit the 2013 American Music Awards stage on Sunday night (November 24) for a very stripped-down performance that let her voice shimmer and shine as much as her sequined red dress.


Taking the stage immediately after One Direction[2] , the AMA-nominated singer channeled Motown soul for her performance of her Yours Truly track "Tattooed Heart." After a very short a cappella take on "Baby I," the 20-year-old singer belted out the emotional jam.


"I don't want to say we're going steady like it's 1954," she sang, but the room was certainly transported back to the '50s and '60s. Singing into an old-fashioned microphone, Grande sang with male backup singers, giving the performance a sort of Gladys Knight and the Pips vibe.


After she wrapped up the performance, Lady Gaga stood up and clapped; Ciara also gave it a round of applause.


They weren't the only ones. Immediately after she left the stage, fans flooded Twitter to praise Grande's impressive vocal skills. @AllForTheBiebs "Im honestly speechless from Ariana's performance like wow I just don't even have words. TRUE TALENT!!!"



@jahoobieber added, "the dictionary will someday change the definition of perfection to ariana grande."


"Ariana Grande KILLED IT. She just took me to church," @OnAirJake noted. "I was raising hands.#AMAs."



In addition to tweets about her killer pipes, her performance left ladies praising choice to wear a bold red dress, while it left guys just plain crushing on her.


@BroItsRon shared, "I don't even need @ArianaGrande to be my wife , I just need her to come in my room every night & sing me a lullaby before I fall asleep."


Not long after performing, Grande was brought back to the stage to accept her trophy for the New Artist of the Year Award, beating out the likes of Florida Georgia Line and Phillip Phillips, among others.


"Oh my god, I'm so nervous! Thank you so much," she said. "I have the most loving supportive fans in ther world. I'm so nervous. My mom made me this thing and I have it in here so that I don't forget anybody," she told the room, filled with A-listers before firing through a bunch of "thank you's."




References



  1. ^ Ariana Grande (www.mtv.com)

  2. ^ after One Direction (www.mtv.com)

  3. ^ @scooterbraun (twitter.com)

  4. ^ @ArianaGrande (twitter.com)

  5. ^ November 25, 2013 (twitter.com)

  6. ^ #AMAs (twitter.com)

  7. ^ November 25, 2013 (twitter.com)

  8. ^ November 25, 2013 (twitter.com)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top