When scouting fashionable students on campus, it was hard not to miss third-year Austin “Chief” Garofolo. His personal style radiates and his confidence is something to be admired.


How would you describe your personal style?


My own, something no one can take care of me and no one else will replicate. That’s how everyone else should approach it.


Advice for people to find their own style?


A lot of people are going to make fun of the things you first wear. When I was a freshman, I had this big neon sweatshirt, and girls were like ‘who is this freshman with this sweatshirt?’ And I got a lot of crap for it. As I got more comfortable with myself, I let it loose and did what makes me feel fine. I feel more confident in what I'm wearing and people notice. You noticed.


That's why fashion is so important. In this day in age, it's all about your image and dressing well doesn't hurt that. You can't have the initial conversation you want to have without people picking up on your image. It speaks louder than your words.


Hat - Pete and Webber, gift


Pendelton jacket, $250


True Religion jeans, $200


Frye boots, $250


Silk shirt, $5 - Thrift


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top